It was based on Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria, Germany. So magical!
2. Belle’s village in Beauty and the Beast was based on a real place in France.
Alsace, France, really is dotted with adorable buildings that look like they’re straight out of a fairytale!
3. Here is the castle from Brave…
and here is Eilean Donan Castle in Scotland.
4. The island of Corona in Tangled was set in Germany.
But it’s actually based off of the Mont Saint Michel Abbey in Normandy, France.
5. Paradise Falls in Pixar’s UP is a wonderful, dreamlike place, but there’s a place just like it in real life.
Angel Falls in Venezuela is home to the world’s highest waterfall, and the animators at Pixar did the area some very serious justice.
6. The sultan’s palace in Aladdin is probably one of the most recognizable Disney locations.
It was, of course, inspired by the Taj Mahal.