Some people are financially more endowed than others and these people like to spend some serious bucks on day to day things. Here are 10 things the richest people bought for very steep prices.
- Pink Lotus Lamp Since 1875, Tiffany & Co. has been producing the most iconic glass decorations and jewelry and the ‘Pink Lotus Lamp’ was also one of their creations that sold for a huge price. The Tiffany ‘Lotus’ lamp is made of bronze with a mosaic pattern of leaded stained glass set. Its shade is made up of 8 lotus flowers overlapping each other and it was sold at an auction for a price of $2.8 million.
- Bookshelf The world’s most expensive bookshelf is named ‘Metamorphosis.’ Sebastian Errazuriz has created a limited-edition bookshelf in which the shelves seem to crawl along the side of your wall. Metamorphosis is a part decorative sculpture and a part functional bookshelf that comes at a steep price of $75k.
- Pool Cue
‘Intimidator – The ultimate fantasy cue’ has put the common pool cues to shame. It was forged from stainless steel and took over 1862 hours of hand engraving and hand machining to complete. Its price is $150,000, for this price you can buy 2142 ordinary pool cues.
- Swimming Pool
We’ve seen many lush swimming pools featured at country clubs or expensive hotels. But what makes this one so special is that it is actually installed in the backyard of a family’s house in the desert of Arizona. It features a 15 ft tall water slide, is roughly 10 times bigger than an average pool and of course, came at a very high price of $1 million.
- Beetles In Japan, black stag beetles are called black diamonds because of their shiny outer skeletons. The stag beetle that was sold for $90k was 3 inches long. The buyer, however, did not wish to be identified.
- CockatooPalm cockatoos are huge and stubborn parrots. These are found in the wild and are hard to breed which hikes up their prices even more. They can be easily spotted due to their red cheeks. The price of a Palm Cockatoo is about $16k. For the price of 1 Palm Cockatoo, you could get 800 ordinary birds.
- Wig Andy Warhol is popularly known for his role in visual art movement known as pop art. His iconic hairstyle was, however, actually a wig. After 20 years of Warhol’s passing, the wig sold for $10,800. Not to mention that you could buy 10 much more fashionable wigs for the same price.
- Socks The most expensive pairs of socks are created by the premium knitwear brand ‘Falke.’ These are made from Vicuna wool which is alleged to be soft that it is also known as ‘The Fiber of The Gods.’ These limited edition socks were only 10 in number and were sold for a price of around $1188 each.
- Slide Known as ‘The Golden Unicorn’, the slide is plated with 24 karat gold and resembles any normal slide in looks. It is created by the German company Jupiduu and doesn’t really have anything remarkable besides the gold. The Golden Unicorn comes for a price of $12,600.
- Urinal American sculptor Robert Gilbert created a golden urinal plated with 18 karat gold. It costs $3525 million and isn’t even functional. The only remarkable thing is the gold.