10 CARTOONS EVERY NINETIES KID HAS WATCHED.
Saturday morning, a bowl of cereal and a marathon of our favorite cartoon show, ah! Every child’s dream comes true. Let’s settle this once and for all, nineties cartoon were the best and the most classic, compared to today’s TV shows nineties cartoons would give them a run for their money. This might be the most important post of your childhood, how many have you watched?
- DUCKTALES Based on the adventures of Scrooge McDuck or like we used to call him Uncle Scrooge and his three grandnephews namely Huey, Dewey and Louie, this one had us glued to our TV sets.
- POPEYE THE SAILORMAN The favorite couple from childhood, Popeye and Olive Oil. Oh and how we despised Bluto and his evil shenanigans. On one hand there was wimpy eating burger after burger and on the other hand, Popeye taught us to eat spinach and be strong.
- POWERPUFF GIRLS Blossom, bubbles and buttercup were always to the rescue, balancing their lives between being regular girls and to saving the city from disasters. Mojo Jojo’s conspiracies were always on the roll, but these girls were ‘sugar, spice and everything nice.’
- JOHNNY BRAVO Oh mama! Bravo was one hell of a dimwitted womanizer and we loved him in spite of that. It was heartbreaking yet so funny to watch him get bullied and spanked all the time, but did he lose hope? NEVER.
- THE FLINTSTONES This Stone Age family was major goals, from Barney’s and Fred’s perfect friendship to having the cutest pet, Dino. From start till the end it was a big roller coaster. We all secretly loved their car and envied them for being so perfect.
- RECESS Are you even a nineties kid if you haven’t tried out T.J’s tricks and not named your actual friends as characters of this cartoon. I know I have, talk about guilty pleasures. This cartoon’s frequency truly matched with our wavelengths.
- GARFIELD AND FRIENDS A fat, lazy, sarcastic cat who loves to eat lasagna, sleeps and hates Mondays, talk of the adult life I am living. This one resonated with adults too.
- TOM AND JERRY Tom and Jerry still has our heart; this one comes to our mind first when we think of any cartoons. Comic fights between a house cat Tom and a very clever mouse, we always chose sides on who would win. It always had us in peals of laughter.
- SCOOBY DOOBY DOO We all have hummed to the theme song of this cartoon. It came to a point where we actually wanted to have Scooby as our pet. A gang of friends traveling in their mystery machine to solve mysteries, what’s not to like?
- POKEMON If only we could visit the land of Pokémon’s and get a Jigglypuff or a Pikachu for yourself. Sigh. This was not just a cartoon it spread to video games, trump cards, play toys and what not. All kids dream of being a Pokémon trainer as good as ash.